Tosa assessments and certification exams
Assessments are not required to be proctored when taken remotely, while certification exams must be taken in-person or via our remote proctoring solution.
|Assessment test||Certification exam|
|Number of questions||25||35|
|Exam protocol||Taken online||Taken online under proctored conditions, in-person or via our remote proctoring system|
|Results||Skill level on a 1 to 5 scale. Detailed skills reports||Score on a 1 to 1000 scale. Diploma delivered within 5 business days|
Environment and Methods
Questions under this domain cover the most common tabs and their main functionalities: File, Home, Insert, and Page Setup. They also cover the different display modes in Word.
- Using the basic functions of the software
- Knowing and customizing the software environment
- Knowing and customizing the display mode
Page layout and formatting
Questions within this domain cover basic to advanced formatting of a text or paragraph and applying a theme to a document. This domain also includes tabs, indents, borders and margins, and page and section breaks.
- Applying formatting options to texts with fonts
- Creating, handling and customizing styles in documents
- Using layout tools on paragraphs
- Using layout options
This domain covers bullets and numbering, performing a search, and using spellcheck. Skills on the revision tools, header and footers, footnotes, and mailing tools are also assessed.
- Using entry aid tools
- Managing selection and displacement in a document
- Using and handling automation tools in documents
- Inserting and customizing references in documents
Graphic objects and tables
This domain covers skills with objects in Word documents: tables, charts, OLE objects, clipart images, and photos. Candidates will also find questions on the functionalities of editing and moving objects.
- Inserting and modifying graphic objects
- Handling tables
- Using graphic objects tools