Skill in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) is a requirement for basic work-level productivity. Ensure your students or candidates are prepared for the workforce with a Microsoft Word certification from a trusted, industry-recognized name in Tosa.
The Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint certification determines and validates a candidate’s proficiency and skill level in PowerPoint. The Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint certification supports students, trainees, employees, or jobseekers in their employment, professional, or academic objectives.
There are no eligibility requirements to take a Tosa certification exam. In K-12, we recommend using Tosa Microsoft certifications as part of a course or curriculum starting at grade 6.
Looking for a pre-employment test on Microsoft Powerpoint? Please visit Isograd Testing Services website.
Tosa assessments and certification exams on Microsoft Powerpoint
Assessments are not required to be proctored when taken remotely, while certification exams must be taken in-person or via our remote proctoring solution.
|Assessment test||Certification exam|
|Number of questions||25||35|
|Exam protocol||Taken online||Taken online under proctored conditions, in-person or via our remote proctoring system|
|Results||Skill level on a 1 to 5 scale. Detailed skills reports||Score on a 1 to 1000 scale. Diploma delivered within 5 business days|
Skills Badging with Credly
We partnered with Credly to help our earners share their new certification, and the skill set associated with it, on their resumes, CVs, or professional social media profiles. You can earn a skills certification badge from Credly when you score "Productive" level or higher on the Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certification Exam.
Available Badges for Microsoft PowerPoint
- Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certified User – Productive Level
- Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certified User – Advanced Level
- Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certified User – Expert Level
Complete Proficiency Badging
- Candidates that earn three Tosa Desktop certifications at the Productive level or above are entitled to receive a Tosa Desktop Certified User Credly badge that demonstrates proficiency on the Microsoft Office software suite, which includes Tosa Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft VBA Excel.
- Tosa Desktop Certified User – Productive Level
- Tosa Desktop Certified User – Advanced Level
- Tosa Desktop Certified User – Expert Level
Skill Domains Assessed
Themes & Templates
This domain covers creating, using, and managing presentation templates, as well as working with slide masters, document masters, and layouts. Skills in using and modifying pre-defined themes are also assessed.
- Managing Slide Master view functions
- Customizing themes and managing templates
This domain covers the insertion and formatting of graphic objects (Clipart, charts, SmartArt), and PowerPoint animations.
- Creating, modifying graphic objects and managing their display
- Creating and customizing animations
- Inserting media tools and managing the OLE protocol
This domain covers text input: using text placeholders, basic and advanced formatting, bullets, and numbering, and creating and manipulating tables.
- Using advanced functions and text properties
Environment / Methods / Slideshow
Questions in this domain cover the main features and functions of the common tabs: File, Home, Design, Insert, and Slide Show. Skills assessed include creating, inserting and selecting slides, basic and advanced functions of Slide Show view, and the configuration of print and save parameters.
- Using the main functions of the software
- Managing and customizing the software environment and display
- Creating and managing slideshows
Certification Exam Detail
The Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certification Exam relies on a database of more than 250 questions. It is composed of a mix of 35 questions, including multiple-choice, interactive, and live in-the-application questions, and lasts 1 hour. The algorithm adapts to each answer of the candidates to adjust the difficulty level of the questions until they reach the exact definition of the candidates’ level by calculating the limit of their skills. Candidates receive a numeric score out of 1000 points associated to a proficiency level on a five-level scale. They receive a diploma by email within five (5) business days.
The Tosa Microsoft PowerPoint Certification Exam is valid for three (3) years. Once expired, earners must retake the certification to maintain it over time. Earners wishing to demonstrate skills development and personal growth may re-take the exam to improve their score at any time. There is no waiting period between two attempts.
Rules & Technical Requirements
Tosa certifications must be taken under specific proctoring conditions. For Tosa certification exam rules and technical requirements, please consult the downloadable PDF below.Download the Tosa Certification Rules and Technical Requirements(PDF)
Prepare For Your Certification Exam
- In order to be well prepared for your exam day, we recommend:
- Taking at least one Tosa assessment test prior to your exam
The Tosa assessment test, like the certification exam, is an adaptive test composed of a mix of multiple-choice, interactive, and live in-the-application questions. It contains 25 questions and lasts 40 minutes. It does not need to be taken under proctored conditions. Results are delivered on the same 1-to-5 proficiency level scale and includes detailed skills reports to help determine student or candidate strengths and weaknesses before taking the certification exam.
- Utilizing the free practice tests available on our website
In addition to our Tosa assessment tests, we offer short practice tests for free. Simply navigate to and click on the “Free practice test” button on the top right of the page, then select which test subject you’d like to practice.
- Taking a Tosa-aligned course
We have partnered with several eLearning providers and publishers to provide online courses that align with the Tosa certification objectives. Tosa online courses typically range from one to eight hours, depending on the pre-existing skill or knowledge of the candidate, the expected outcome for the certification (score/level), and the provider.
Need more details?