A web developer creates websites and ensures they function reliably and efficiently. To perform those tasks, web developers need to be proficient in a variety of programming languages and show that proficiency to employers, co-workers, and themselves. The Tosa Web Developer industry-recognized certification provides exactly that.
There are no eligibility requirements to take a Tosa certification exam. In K-12, we recommend using Tosa Web Developer certifications as part of a course or curriculum starting at grade 9.
Looking for a pre-employment test on Web Developer? Please visit Isograd Testing Services website.
Tosa assessments and certification exams on Web Developer
Assessments are not required to be proctored when taken remotely, while certification exams must be taken in-person or via our remote proctoring solution.
|Assessment test||Certification exam|
|Number of questions||25||35|
|Exam protocol||Taken online||Taken online under proctored conditions, in-person or via our remote proctoring system|
|Results||Skill level on a 1 to 5 scale. Detailed skills reports||Score on a 1 to 1000 scale. Diploma delivered within 5 business days|
Skills Badging with Credly
We partnered with Credly to help our earners share their new certification, and the skill set associated with it, on their resumes, CVs, or professional social media profiles. You can earn a skills certification badge from Credly when you score "Productive" level or higher on the Tosa Web Developer Certification Exam.
Available Badges for Web Developer
- Tosa Web Developer Certified User – Productive Level
- Tosa Web Developer Certified User – Advanced Level
- Tosa Web Developer Certified User – Expert Level
Skill Domains Assessed
- Knowing the main characteristics and specificities of the language
- Knowing the basic functionalities and syntax
- Creating and manipulate primitive objects, built-in objects or more complex custom objects
- Understanding and manipulating the properties of an object
- Listening, reading, and modifying the DOM (Document Object Model)
- Knowing the basic principles and rules of the language
- Applying a style rule on an element with different methods
- Importing CSS style from another style sheet
- Positioning elements in a page, manage spaces, element size, and text
- Reading a CSS file written by another developer and use CSS rules inside an HTML file
- Knowing the basic principles of the language
- Using different HTML elements with attributes
- Choosing the relevant HTML elements to meet a need
- Using advanced HTML elements (tables, forms...)
- Writing CSS code for display customization
- Solving a bug inside a complex code written by another developer
- Understanding the technical documentation of an external library
Certification Exam Detail
The Tosa Web Developer Certification Exam relies on a database of more than 130 questions. It is composed of a mix of 35 questions, including multiple-choice, interactive, and live in-the-application questions, and lasts 1 hour. The algorithm adapts to each answer of the candidates to adjust the difficulty level of the questions until they reach the exact definition of the candidates’ level by calculating the limit of their skills. Candidates receive a numeric score out of 1000 points associated to a proficiency level on a five-level scale. Candidates who score between 1 and 550 points don't earn the certification. They will not receive a diploma but a certificate of completion. Candidates who score 551 points or above earn the certification. They will receive a diploma by email within five (5) business days and are eligible to receive a Credly digital badge.
The Tosa Web Developer Certification Exam is valid for three (3) years. Once expired, earners must retake the certification to maintain it over time. Earners wishing to demonstrate skills development and personal growth may re-take the exam to improve their score at any time. There is no waiting period between two attempts.
Rules & Technical Requirements
Tosa certifications must be taken under specific proctoring conditions. For Tosa certification exam rules and technical requirements, please consult the downloadable PDF below.Download the Tosa Certification Rules and Technical Requirements(PDF) Tosa Certification Exam Policies
Prepare For Your Certification Exam
- In order to be well prepared for your exam day, we recommend:
- Taking at least one Tosa assessment test prior to your exam
The Tosa assessment test, like the certification exam, is an adaptive test composed of a mix of multiple-choice, interactive, and live in-the-application questions. It contains 25 questions and lasts 40 minutes. It does not need to be taken under proctored conditions. Results are delivered on the same 1-to-5 proficiency level scale and includes detailed skills reports to help determine student or candidate strengths and weaknesses before taking the certification exam.
- Utilizing the free practice tests available on our website
In addition to our Tosa assessment tests, we offer short practice tests for free. Simply navigate to and click on the “Free practice test” button on the top right of the page, then select which test subject you’d like to practice.
- Taking a Tosa-aligned course
Need more details?